Tuesday, July 05, 2005

ucla, or the land of delusion

it's official. i now live in la. ahhhhhhh!!! okay, okay, so it's really not that bad. for one, i live in very northern la, so it's easy to escape out of the area. that and i'm living 5 minutes from beverly hills and bel air. so maybe i'm not getting the full "la experience" (whatever that may be). but i'm not complaining...

one thing i've noticed in the past few days, is that apparently yellow hair isn't considered "normal". that's news to me. maybe i'm just used to having my hair resemble a highligher. or maybe i just don't think that yellow hair should really stand out that much in la, all things considered. i mean, i went down to hollywood the other night, and there were people dressed up like batman, darth vader, and even michael jackson milling about. but i kept getting stares and comments about my *hair*. i'm actually a little shocked. either neon yellow is a brand new shade of hair for la-folks (in which case, look for it to be the latest fad), or i had a massively huge booger hanging out of my nose while i was walking down the street that caused people to gape at me.

well, i'm sure that there will be plenty of things for me to comment on while i'm living in lala land. (oooh my new favorite that a friend told me: LA is only two letters away from LAME). take care of san luis for me. make sure creepy photo guy stays creepy, make sure that there's all kinds of drama going on at b&n that no one really cares about, and most of all, make sure all those lame ass fishes don't take over the world. = )

Posted by *erin* | 7:03 PM

5 comments

Blogger Bill Eseltine  said...

If I comment just ONCE about BN, it means my next comment will include the phrase "a bullet in the head."

July 06, 2005 12:59 AM  
Blogger Compagnucci  said...

I really dislike Los Angeles people Erin, like, with a flaming passion. You just tell me if those bitches give you any crap and I'll put the hurt on them. Oh, and thank you for putting my chai up your shirt.

July 06, 2005 4:36 AM  
Blogger *erin*  said...

that's so HOT = )

July 06, 2005 9:22 PM  
Blogger Justin Cooley  said...

In order to properly comment on this I need to know where exactly you are living. A lot of what people call LA is not LA (read: The Valley).

July 08, 2005 7:03 AM  
Blogger *erin*  said...

i live in grad student apartments on campus....so i basically live in westwood. does that help?

July 10, 2005 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment  |  Back to "Electric Penguins"